Orfium has received confirmation that all of our global operating entities have achieved ISO 27001:2022 standard certification for Information Security Management Systems (ISMS).
The accreditation is an important marker for us at Orfium and our client base, providing important assurance on the robustness of Orfium’s information security policies.
Introduced in 2005 by the International Organization for Standardization and the International Electrotechnical Commission, ISO/IEC 27001 stands as an international benchmark for effective information security management.
This standard offers comprehensive guidance for the establishment, implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of an Information Security Management System (ISMS), outlining the essential requirements that an ISMS must meet.
The adoption of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard certification brings Orfium several benefits, including:
- Risk Management: Identification of information security risks to mitigate vulnerability to cyber-attacks. Preparation of people, processes, and technology across the organization to address potential risks.
- Enhanced Security Measures: Promotion of robust security controls and measures.
- Compliance and Legal Alignment: Support in meeting regulatory requirements related to information security, critical for sensitive data such as financial statements, intellectual property information, or employee data.
- Business Continuity Enhancement: Establishment of protocols for incident management.
- Continual Improvement: Regular reviews and enhancements to the ISMS, fostering a culture of ongoing improvement in security practices.
Having ISO 27001 compliance is an important milestone for Orfium. It assures all our clients that we have robust information security policies in place for all of Orfium’s global operating companies.
Our commitment to customers worldwide is to guarantee that the data they share with us is safe and that we will continually evolve our processes to ensure ongoing compliance with international security practices.Michael Petychakis, CTO at Orfium
About the IISO/IEC 27001 standard
ISO/IEC 27001 is the world’s best-known standard for information security management systems (ISMS).
The ISO/IEC 27001 standard provides companies of any size and from all sectors of activity with guidance for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system.
Conformity with ISO/IEC 27001 means that an organization or business has put in place a system to manage risks related to the security of data owned or handled by the company, and that this system respects all the best practices and principles enshrined in this International Standard.
For more information visit: https://www.iso.org/standard/27001